Perichondrial fibrous ring of La Croix
Please rate topic.
Average 3.7 of 30 Ratings
Growth at the distal humerus physis accounts for what percentage of humeral length?
Select Answer to see Preferred Response
In a review of 200 roentgenograms, Pritchett found that approximately 80% of growth in the humerus bone occured from the proximal humerus. Therefore, the distal humerus is responsible for the remaining 20% of growth. As remembering the specific contributions to length from each physis can be cumbersome, it may be helpful to recall that growth primarily occurs at the knee in the lower extremitiy and away from the elbow in the upper extremity.
Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res.. 1991 Jul;(268):235-42. PMID: 2060215 (Link to Abstract)
Pritchett, CORR 1991
Please rate question.
Average 4.0 of 20 Ratings