8:00 - 8:30pm: "AO Trauma Hand Series - How I Do It: Perilunate FX-Dislocations”
Perilunate Fracture – Dislocations fall into the category of Carpal Instability Complex injury patterns. While they are relatively uncommon the correct diagnosis can be easily missed and result in delayed treatment with poor clinical and functional outcomes. These injuries can be either pure soft tissue injuries to the intercarpal ligamentous structures or combined with bony injuries to the radius, ulna and / or carpal bones. In virtually all scenarios surgery is recommended to restore carpal stability. This session will be case based to highlight some of the important principles in evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of Perilunate injuries.
8:30 - 9:00pm: Video: Lateral Arm Flap
1. Describe in detail the anatomy of the lateral arm flap.
2. Outline the technique of raising the flap.
3. Discuss the clinical applications of lateral arm flap.
4. Understand the pitfalls and complications of the flap.
5. Analyze the tips and tricks in performing the lateral arm flap.